Monday, September 25, 2023

Irresistible Inking Techniques - AECP

 As I am working my way through the Level 1 Courses in the Altenew Educators Certification Program I am learning new things and challenging my creativity.  I am really enjoying this process as it is causing me to try new techniques.  Quite a fun process to be honest.

Today's class is the 8th course and it is Irresistible Inking Techniques taught by Sara Naumann.  One of the techniques was to heat emboss your image before watercoloring. 

I used my new stamp set Rose Reverie and stamped the main image on white cardstock using Versamark clear ink - this is a sticky ink enabling embossing powder to stick to an image.  I used Altenew Rose Gold embossing powder and heat set it.  I then took an acrylic block and smooshed my ink pads into it leaving a little ink on the block.  Using a waterbrush I added a drop of water to the ink on the acrylic block and then watercolored my image before die cutting.  For the background panel I spritzed with water and sprinkled with Lindy's Magical powders and spritzed with water again.  After a quick dry with my embossing gun I mounted the flowers onto the panel.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set in Versamark and embossed it in Rose Gold as well as the small butterfly.  The sentiment has a matching die so I die cut the image and 3 additional pieces to give it some dimension when adding it to the card.  As my final touch I used a little foam mounting tape on just the edge of the butterfly and set it just to the right of the sentiment and curled it up a little.  This method made for a soft color on the card.

For my second technique I again smooshed ink onto an acyrlic block.  But this time I used brighter inks
and spritzed with water before pressing the ink cover block onto the center of my cardstock panel.  I pressed it down quite firmly to ensure all the ink on the block was being transferred to the cardstock.  I stamped the main image from the Rose Reverie stamp set over the top of this color and added my sentiment to the bottom left corner.  As my final touch I cut a single black frame and set it askew over the image.  I liked how this turned out so I chose not to add anything else to this card except for a little clear glitter using a Wink of Stella marker.  Very simple but fun.  Another great class.  Please let me know what you think.



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous work! I like the soft look the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I did like how soft the colors turned out.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think about my projects. Please leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.

Altenew May Inspiration Challenge

  I recently signed up for an Altenew Dreamy Watercolor class that is being taught by Sarah Simon - The Mint Gardener.  A collaboration betw...