Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Inky Paws Sketch Challenge #207

Today, I worked on my idea for a card to participate in the Newton's Nook Inky Paws Challenge.  This week it was a sketch challenge.  Instead of using patterned paper I chose to interpret the sketch as a watercolor design.  I used Altenew's Watercolor 36 pan palette for the colors.  I used some of my favorite autumn colors.  Then I took Newton's Nook leaf stencil and applied solar paste to the watercolor panel.  So shimmery and fun and still lets the watercolors shine through.

I then took a cute image from the Pumpkin Spice Latte set also from Newton's Nook.  Did a little masking to get the 3 pumpkins in the background and then watercolored the image in using similar colors to the background.


I used a rectangle frame die to cut the image and create a shaker card.

I had some fun autumn fillers and added a few sequins as well.

I like how this turned out - so much fun.

Let me know what you think.


 

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty background and even more fun that it's a shaker card! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely watercolor background, Angy! Love the pretty colors and the shaker element! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your background! It’s so beautiful!! Love that your coloring matches your background perfectly! Thank you so much for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful background. You've created a wonderful autumn card! So happy you were inspired to share with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my projects. Please leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.

Altenew Inspiration Challenge

  Today, I am playing along with Altenew's Inspiration Challenge found  HERE.   I used a coloring page fro. Altenew's Exotic Blooms ...