Tuesday, September 26, 2023

2nd Entry for Inky Paws Challenge



 For my 2nd entry into the challenge I had the idea to use the Spooky Line stencil for the angled portion of the sketch.  I masked the areas off and ink blended each area then stenciled the Tombstones in a graphite gray and the moon and stars in a sunny yellow orange color.  Afterwards I used Overheated Solar Paste on the moon and stars and Royal Flush Solar Paste to stencil the ghosts in.  To the top and bottom I used the Trick or treat sentiment from the Candy Corn Newton stamp set.

I then stamped Candy Corn Newton and colored in this image with COPIC markers - my favorite type of cat is a grey tabby so, of course, I needed to create a grey tabby.  I fussy cut the image and then used a black COPIC marker to outline the image before foam mounting to the card panel.

I was thinking about making this a shaker card too because I had a cute packet of little ghosts, pumpkins and witches hats BUT I loved how vibrant this ink blended background turned out and didn't want to cover it up with acetate.

Let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. This made me smile! I really like how you did the background with the stencil! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... this is so fun and cute! I love your creative take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with the Inky Paws Challenge! Inky hugs, Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love how you did the stencil diagonally! So fun and spooky! Thanks for joining the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you stencil for your background! Your card is so scarily cute! So glad you shared with us at Inky Paws!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you think about my projects. Please leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.

Altenew Inspiration Challenge

  Today, I am playing along with Altenew's Inspiration Challenge found  HERE.   I used a coloring page fro. Altenew's Exotic Blooms ...