Monday, September 25, 2023

Simon Says Challenge - Tim Holtz Background



Today, I decided to take a little break from creating cards for my AECP courses and participate in the Simon Says Challenge - Use a Background Stamp - use Tim Holtz products.  Now to be honest, I thought it said use Tim Holtz products to create a background and so that is what I did.

To begin with I used a Tim Holtz Ideology mask and placed it on my white cardstock.  I then used 3 Distress Inks - Old Paper, Tumbled Glass and Walnut Stain and blended the ink over the swirly mask. I used the Tumbled Glass in the center and Old Paper on the edges and blended Walnut Stain between the two colors.  After I got the saturation I wanted with the ink blending I removed the mask.  Once I removed the mask I used some drywall tape (I believe that's what it is) and applied some paper glaze through the tape using it as a stencil in several areas.  I sprinkled Tim Holtz Rock Candy glitter to the top of the paper glaze.  Then I used a Versamark ink pad and applied ink around all the edges of the panel and added Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Old Paper.  I also randomly applied the ink pad to the center of the panel and add embossing powder there as well.    Since I didn't have any Tim Holtz stamps I used some word dies I had and die cut the so grateful friend sentiment out of navy glitter cardstock.  Finally, I mounted the panel on a navy glitter cardstock panel and then added that to a kraft card base.

This was my first time to any type of project like this but I found it interesting and a nice departure from what I usually do.  I do like the way my card turned out.

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think about my projects. Please leave a comment and tell me your thoughts.

Altenew May Inspiration Challenge

  I recently signed up for an Altenew Dreamy Watercolor class that is being taught by Sarah Simon - The Mint Gardener.  A collaboration betw...